Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Xtracycle Open Source Info


Xtracycle has placed a lot of material about their new open source concept here. I haven't read through it all, but wanted to get the link up. I'll be updating this post in the next few days when I've had time to digest it.

I really do hope this inspires other companies to adopt the same standard for cargo bikes so we get a number of different sources all making products that work together. Congratulations to Xtracycle for an innovative move like this.

2 comments:

Steve Fuller said...

I cannot begin to say how happy I am to see this. One of the first times I thought about this when RANS announced their bike was their intent to have all of the associated long bike goodies available. I'd rather see a cottage industry build up around accessories and have the bike manufacturers working on building better bikes.

Mike said...

Someone enlighten me. I have seen this photo on xtracycles site and cannot figure out how he has his timbuk2 bag attached to the side of the freeloader...