Saturday, September 20, 2008

Adios Taifun


I sold my Challenge Taifun recumbent and had to get it to the UPS Store to ship it. Naturally I didn't use my pick up truck.


Using a wide loader combined with a long loader I was able to easily strap the box to the side of my Surly Big Dummy. The weight being all on one side unbalanced the bike a bit when riding. Not terribly, but I should have picked up a couple cases of beer to balance out the right side of the bike...=-)


My cheap kickstand took a beating when I was loading the box. I'm actually surprised it didn't break. I'll be shopping around for a centre stand over the winter. The Xtracycle stand is the front runner at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had issues trying to get my wideloaders connect to my new big dummy frame. Any tips? It seems like the front holes on the frame for the wideloaders are off a little bit. I can see the button there but it is a little high and thus misses the hole slightly. Any tips/tricks would be appreciated.